London Acne Scar Removal
We have years of experience in Skin Repair treatments. Contact us today.
Acne Scar Removal London
Specialising in treatments for Acne Scar Removal London, we can help give you back the confidence you deserve. The Skin Repair Clinic are experts at being able to treat Rolling Acne Scars, Ice Pick Acne Scarring and Boxcar Acne Scars, whether these are face acne scars or in another common area such as shoulders or back acne scars. However we are unable to treat Hypertrophic Acne Scars with this type of treatment.
All of our treatments will improve your skin tone, reduce and minimise your pore size and reduce any hyper-pigmentation, leaving you with smoother, thicker and more even looking skin. The device we use is “Dermapen 3” or The Skin Repair Pen – the next generation in Micro Needling Treatments. Bringing London, faster and more effective treatments, with minimal down time and minimal side effects.
If you don’t want the down time and side effects associated with laser treatment for acne scars. Or tried and not got the results you wanted from natural treatments such as lemon juice to rid yourself of acne scars? Perhaps you’ve tried so called effective treatments like microdermabrasion for acne scars or even a chemical face peel to treat the acne scars which both lead to long down times and discomfort? Just let The Skin Repair Clinic deliver the best and most effective treatment for your Acne Scars, Skin needling via Dermapen and The Skin Repair Pen, recognised by the NHS and Dermatologists as the most effective form of acne scarring and stretch mark removal treatments.
We have numerous patients throughout London, so let us help you get the results you want and rid those Acne Scars for good. For more information on how to get rid of acne scars, why not download our Acne Scar Removal Guide by filling Clicking below on “Book Your Appointment Now”. For our before and after acne scar photos please scroll further down this page.
* Please be aware that results can vary from individual to individual.
The treatment time depends on the size of the acne scars to be removed and can take up to 75 minutes for a full face scar treatment, larger areas such as acne scarring on the back, shoulders and chest may take longer. All clients have a full review of their medical history prior to undergoing any treatments to check for suitability. The treatment involves:
- Cleansing the skin.
- Applying a topical anaesthetic for 30 minutes
- Removing the anaesthetic and sterilising the skin.
- Applying the specialist machine over the area to be treated.
- Applying a soothing cream
After all of the above we will then provide you with our specialist after care instructions and advise on take home skin care products.
- Is it safe?– Yes, before all treatments we conduct a thorough assessment and review of your medical history. If we feel you are at high risk of any side effects that could occur during or after the treatment, don’t worry, as we will let you know beforehand.
- Does it hurt?– No, we use topical anaesthetics that are very effective when applied for the correct length of time.
- How long does it take?– You will need to allocate around 90 minutes to allow time for both the topical anaesthetic and the treatment itself. You will be given a good indication of time your treatment will take during your consultation.
- How much does it cost?– From £399 depending on the size of the area treated. You will be given an accurate price using our sizing chart during your consultation.
- How does it work?– After a collagen induction therapy treatment your body will start to naturally regenerate and repair the skin, working below the surface in the dermis. New collagen is formed, new skin cells are generated and blood supply is enhanced after the treatment, however it can take up to 6 weeks before visible signs of regeneration and repair are seen. For the majority of Acne scars, 80% of improvements can be seen after just 2 treatments.
- How long does it last?-The process will continue over the following months, providing you with a natural and long lasting enhancement. This is your own collagen, so there is no need to wait for a product to break down, meaning the repair is permanent until your body breaks down collagen as it naturally would through aging.
- How will my skin look?– Initially the skin could look red for around 24 hours after the treatment, however for some people this could be less or it could be more depending on how sensitive your skin is. The skin may become dry and tight shortly after the treatment, this is a completely normal reaction and we are able to provide specialist skin repair cream to help with this. After this, the skin will look brighter and more vibrant, then approximately six weeks later the regeneration and repair process starts to tighten the skin and reduce hyper pigmentation.
- How many treatments will I need for acne scars? – The number of treatments required will depend on the type of acne scar and its severity. We recommend a course of 3 to 6 treatments as a minimum to achieve maximum results and more even, smoother skin.
The three main types of Acne scars experienced are
Ice-pick – These are narrow scars (less than 2mm) that are noticeable by their character, as they extend deep into the skin (dermis or subcutaneous layer). They are called Ice-pick Scars because they appear as if the skin has been punctured with an ice-pick, culminating in a pin point base. On a cross section of the skin, they look as though they are a ‘V’ Shape.
Boxcar – Unlike Ice-pick scars, Boxcar scars are round to oval depressions that have sharp vertical edges (0.1-0.5 mm in depth) and they do not taper to a point at the base. On a cross section they look like they are a flat U shape base.
Rolling – Rolling scars create a wave like appearance on the skin’s surface, with the appearance of rolling or undulating , without definite borders. Conventional skin resurfacing techniques do not work on rolling scars. They must be corrected by breaking up the subcutaneous fibrous bands.
- Creams – Can marginally improve superficial scars and the skins texture these however will not help with deep acne scarring.
- Chemical Peels – Help smooth the skin surface by removing the top layers of the skin. This can only be achieved with deeper peels – which require more down time of up to 10 days, several treatments and sometimes several courses will be needed depending on the severity of the scars. Not suitable for darker skin types (IV to VI).
- Laser Resurfacing – Removes the top layers of skin. Down time can take 2 to 4 weeks. Only suitable for skin types I to III due the high risk of post inflammatory hyper pigmentation with skin types IV to VI.
- Dermal filler – Injectable fillers can only help to a certain extent by raising the indentation caused by the scar, however acne and chicken pox scar tissue is compressed tissue making it difficult to inject the area effectively. Should the dermal filler lift the scar tissue it will not smooth the external surface of the skin. More importantly its only a temporary measure lasting 6-9 months typically and therefore not permanent.
- London Acne Scar Removal
- London Acne Scar Removal